Dec 8, 2010

William's World

I don't have a whole lot to report this week but sometimes when I think that, the post ends up longer than usual. So, I guess it'll just be a surprise for you and me!

William and I had a fun week last week, and Thursday night I was so disappointed to put him to bed. We had rolled around the living room for an hour just playing, laughing and cuddling. That boy sure can make me laugh! I've been starting a bad habit though - I feed him in his high chair in the living room while watching Wheel of Fortune. I know, i KNOW this is bad. Every night I think "i need to stop this" and then I do it again. I will stop soon. I need to. Maybe I should just record it, then watch it at 7:00 after he's done eating.

Friday I was so excited to take him to Colorado Springs. There is a small amusement park in the mountains called The North Pole where you can go to Santa's workshop and visit Santa. I've heard its a cute little attraction, so I figured it made sense for us to go down there to see daddy and spend the day at Santa's workshop. Paul, Janell and Brooklyn came too - and the idea to spend the day there was extremely ambitious. It was FREEZING. William was amused by Santa, especially his beard, but he didn't want to look at the camera. He just wanted to pull Santa's beard! We got a cute picture, just need to scan it and get it on the computer. You know the drill with that - give me a few months. We also have some cute pictures from walking around the north pole...still hiding away on the camera. :) We went on a little train ride around the park and that's when it got really cold. William had on fleece lined overalls (SO CUTE!), a long sleeve onesie, fleece socks, a jacket, mittens, and a thick blanket...but his poor little nose was uncovered. He looked like Rudolph! We left shortly after :)

Saturday night we had planned to go out to eat, but William was having too much fun playing in the hotel room and Austin was amused. So, I went and picked up dinner to let them play. We ate in the room, and I think that was our best choice of the weekend. William was having a blast exploring and trying to make us laugh - which isn't hard, but he sure loves to do it! Sunday we stayed in the hotel until the last minute we had, but after that we were a little homeless. Austin's barracks room had too many crevices that William could squeeze into that were full of dust and dirt. He's staying in really old, hardly used barracks and even though he and his roommate - to my surprise - bought a broom and mop, there were still areas that William managed to find which turned his hands black. GROSS. So, we didn't stay there long and then we were really stuck on what to do. We ate a late lunch/early dinner at the Black Eyed Pea and learned William likes squash casserole and bread. Smart baby. Then we headed home.

Monday night William and I went to a friend's house for dinner and he had 4 sets of eyes glued to him for a couple of hours. That makes an attention loving baby happy. He wanted to be touching me at all times, but wanted to be facing them and performing at his best. Then when Stef pulled out a monkey puppet and started playing with him we discovered what he needs for Christmas. Annnnd its purchased! That was fast huh :)

He is still working on his walking, and still babbling away in his own little language. Almost everything is "dada" and he has started making a P and T sound sometimes too. So, we had D, P, and T...where is that M?! Mama...Mama...Mama. Austin said it ALL weekend, but no luck. Guess he'll just figure it out on his own someday. He hasn't done anything NEW this week, but he has continued to entertain me. The older he gets the more he makes me laugh, and I love how much he enjoys entertaining me. The only bad sign here is that I do remember how much Brian entertained my mom, and that it kept him from ever getting into trouble. Let's hope I have a little more authority with William and that his little grin doesn't get him out of shooting a bb gun in his bedroom or smashing Christmas lights on the roof!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment