Jan 21, 2011

I made an Announcement

I told Kaila last night that I want to write a book. I've wanted to write a book for awhile, but the problem is that I do not have a topic for my book. I don't have an idea of fiction or nonfiction, motivational or downright depressing, lecturing or musing...then there are characters, conversations, descriptions...I've got nothin.

But I want to write a book.

Should I be discouraged that less than 24 hours after my big announcement I not only have no topic for a book but don't even have one simple thing to blog about? I try not to be discouraged but come on! I've got no raccoon stories, no new twist on why it is that I need an iPad, no plans for the weekend, no news on William, no complaints on the army life that I lead...really, I've got nothin.

I don't even know anyone who was born on January 21! I had some friends in elementary who were twin sisters and their birthday was January 19. But January 19 I wasn't desperate for a topic. (good thing cause other than their names, that we shared 1/2 birthdays, and that they laughed a lot, I wouldn't know what to write anyway) Come on, January 21? Anyone?

Ok, I lied. I do have something to write about. particularly where I will be on Monday at 3:00. But I can't broadcast that on the internet for fear that someone at my job may suddenly think to look into exactly what it is that I do everyday on this blogger thing.

Hmm...what would a person do at 3:00 on a workday that they wouldn't want their job to know about. Hmm. Let's all use our imaginations. Where could I possibly be going? Where would I be going that would require that I buy a new outfit...maybe a professional one...??? What secret rendezvous could I have planned that may or may not have been spurred by the last 2 weeks (and counting) of hell? People, if you're not with me yet shoot me a text message cause I don't think I can hint any better than I already have.

So, I don't have much to write about because the only thing on my mind is my Monday afternoon event. If you've caught on, please say a quick prayer (and repeat every hour on the hour for the next 75 hours) and wish me luck. If you haven't got on, shame on you. I'm being quite clear here. Clear as mud. And once Monday at 3:00 passes (or should I say 5:00, because its expected to take 2 hours) I can move on to a very special January 23 birthday and then be back on with my wonderful random musings. Until then...fingers crossed everyone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment