Jan 10, 2011

Wanna trade?

I got one of those inspirational emails today. It's the one, I'm sure you've read 20 times, that lists 45 life lessons that the writer learned by age 45. You know, lessons like "your work won't care for you when you're sick. Parents and friends will. Keep in touch" and other things like that. (funny that at the present time I chose that one as my example huh?) So...life lesson #40 made me stop and think.

If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab ours back.

So, while I'm wallowing in self pity here I can either say A. no, i don't want mine back I can guarantee it. or B. wow, their lives must SUCK.

So, in an effort to make myself feel better, please share your problems with me. For my sake, please. Email me all of your problems. Really! Your marital problems, problems with kids, financial problems, work problems...I wanna hear it all. I will read it all with my sincerest heart, I will reply with advice that can only be offered by a professional because if psychology 101 wasn't so dang boring I may have stuck with that and actually be a professional right now, and I will be here for you. Really, I will. Plus, along the way maybe I'll stop feeling so darn bad for myself. So I had to spend an hour shovelling my drive way, twisted my knee and strained my shoulder. So I had a sick baby. So my husband is going to war. So I'm the lowest paid person in my department yet feel like I live here. So I have no time to finish my poor baby's first birthday invitations. So my house smells like vomit mixed with dog pee mixed with cat food mixed with baby formula. Come on, you've gotta have it worse.

Let me have it. Put me in my place. Force me to scramble trying to grab my own problems back and run for dear life. I double dog dare ya. That, or I'm on my knees begging you. Whichever spurs you to write that email.

No comments:

Post a Comment