Jan 11, 2011

Know where I don't see God?

Remember we all see him in different places, I poignantly noted a few weeks ago, and I love Colorado because among many other reasons I can see God in the mountains.

But I do not see him as I shovel my driveway for an hour, in case you were wondering. That is not one of my most pious moments, and not one of the things I love about Colorado. Add that to the "texas" column of my comparison chart: do not need to own, or even be able to identify, a snow shovel.

And remember how I don't like taking out the trash and would pay a neighborhood kid $5 to have it done for me? Had a kid come and asked me for $30 to shovel my driveway I would have considered it a steal. It is a pain - literally and metaphorically - and I just want it to magically be done for me. Is that possible? Anyone want to come do it for me? When Austin does I make him hot chocolate, so I can promise you'll get at least that much. And seeing as I'm willing to pay some neighborhood punk $30, you'll probably get more than hot chocolate. Just a thought.

Another thought - I did not receive one email with your problems. Not one. That tells me one of four things.
#1 no one reads this blog. I do not believe that to be the case as I have eyes in the back of my head now that I'm a mommy, but if it is the case then I can start writing a heck of a lot more.
#2 My readers don't have problems. I like and dislike this. I like, because it proves me right in saying I would NOT want to grab my problems back if I knew yours, and I love being proven right. I dislike because that just means I want a "freaking bone" thrown my direction even more so now that I realize I am alone in my misery
#3 You did not take me seriously in my offer to be here for you. If that's the case, I apologize. I certainly am here for you, whether selfish motives are at play or not.
#4 your problems are so large that you don't even have time to drop me an email. If THAT is the case, then I sincerely apologize for being such a baby about my problems.

In any case, I'm one day closer to the provision being final and to seeing Austin again on Friday, William was ECSTATIC when I dropped him off at Goddard this morning, and Addie allowed me to come home to a nice clean house last night prompting me to want to hire her full time. So things can't be SO bad can they? Email me and let me find out :)

No comments:

Post a Comment