May 18, 2011

Grab some popcorn

I didn't blog at work today because I was pretty busy trying to be sure to wrap a few things up before my last day, and also - I needed some time to organize my thoughts on this week! My mom told me that William is getting so busy I may need 2 days devoted to blogging about him...and it's true!! He does so much and has so many stories, and I don't want to leave any out.

The weather here has been nuts...Denver apparently doesn't know we are 2 months into spring. Last Wednesday it was snowing. And not just any snow...it was a downpour and the flakes were the size of quarters. William was fascinated! He has never seen such big flakes, and I'm not really sure when the last time snow fell large enough that he could even recognize it. He kept catching flakes in his hand and he laughed at the flakes through the sunroof the entire drive home from school.

Three of his 'daily reports' over the last week have involved dancing stories, and one night he even graced me with his dancing. It's so much fun! We hold hands and he bops up and down, working himself up in laughter. Then when he can't control the dancing AND laughing anymore, he falls backwards on the floor and just laughs and laughs. He definitely amuses himself.

Speaking of amusing himself, now that he is virus-free he has decided that rocking him at night isn't necessary. He decided this a few weeks ago, but then he got sick and I got my cuddle bear back. Well - now he just wants me to lay him in his crib once he's tired and he will entertain himself until he falls asleep. Some nights it's 20 minutes, some nights 5. It reminds me of me when iwas younger...I had a bed full of animals and I talked and talked and talked. My mom couldn't listen through a baby monitor, though, so maybe her evenings were more productive. Me, I just like listening :)

He has become so helpful lately. He likes to do things for me and help me whenever he can. One of the things he likes to do his carry his humidifier from his bedroom to the bathroom at bath time so I can fill it up. He did it a few nights in a row, then last Thursday I set the humidifier down on the floor, turned to grab something, and when I turned around both william and the humidifier were gone. He was already stepping into the bathroom by the time I got into the hallway! Then after bath time he carries his dirty clothes and throws them in his hamper. He doesn't quite have the concept that ONLY clothes go in there, though, because last time I did laundry I heard a loud thud and noticed some shoes were in the hamper too. Oops!






He is still such a playful bear. On our weekend webcam with daddy he recognized daddy the MOMENT his picture popped up and with such excitement in his voice he yelled 'HI DADA!' he didn't talk to Austin as much this time, though, because he had lots of playing to do.

He got a little tykes plastic car (you know the yellow and red ones that haven't changed in years...I got one at a garage sale for $5!) and he spent probably 30 minutes on Monday night just climbing in and out. I also got him a little tykes shopping cart for $3...this one was more of a dangerous buy, as he immediately learned how to make it a jungle gym rather than a shopping cart. Such a boy...and some people think those things aren't innate...






He is getting more interested in reading lately, which I love. Tonight he made me play his daddy book twice before he made me read his egg counting book 3 times. The egg book is his favorite right now. It starts out with 10 3D eggs on the page, then one hatches and there's a bird and 9 eggs. I won't count it out for you, I trust that you get the idea. He likes to rub the eggs then turn the page for me when I'll point out the bird that hatched. After we read the egg book he grabbed one of his sensory books and we must have gone through that one 5 times. He had no interest in me reading it, he just wanted the page open long enough for him to rub the different textures, then he turned the page for me. He was so cute on the first round - trying to discover which parts were sensory stimulating and what was just paper. He just melts my heart away when he brings me books to read to him.

Like he melts my heart when he puckers up after I said 'can I have a kiss?'

Or how he melts my heart when he wraps his sweet little arms around my neck when I pick him up from school.



Or really, how he melts my heart anytime he looks my way. That boy has me under his spell for sure. Look out Austin, your place is being taken over...



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment