May 25, 2011

William Wednesday

Reason number 1 why I could not be unemployed full time: I have no bearing on what has gone on over the last 5 days. I really don't even know that it's been 5 days. I feel like I've accomplished a lot, yet I also don't feel like I've done anything...it's a tricky thing really. At some points I have thought 'how did I ever get these things done when I worked?' (as if I worked soooo long ago that I can't remember) and at other times I have thought 'what on earth have I done with my time?' the point of all of this being...I know William and I have had fun, but I don't quite remember how...

I know friday was parents night out at Goddard so I didn't pick him up until 9:30. He was still awake and ate 2 pieces of pizza...clearly they are way more fun than mommy! Saturday and sunday he took 3 hour naps both days, and Sunday he was ready for nap 2.5 hours early...so I am thinking he is growing. Either that or he was still making up for friday :)

Monday and Tuesday I didn't set an alarm and instead decided I would let him be my alarm. Well, that would work except my internal clock wakes up before his apparently. Yesterday he didn't wake up until after 8. So, I decided I needed to keep his schedule as best as I can, that way next week isn't a big fight :) so today I woke him up at 7 as usual, and he was a happy little bear. He is much more of a morning person than me :(

He is becoming a very good climber and on Sunday he threw an epic fit over the fact that I would not let him climb on the coffee table. I know, I know - what kind of mom am I? Miss Cassie told me yesterday he was very upset that they wouldn't let him climb on the bookshelf so they went into storage and got more of the foam climbing toys and she said he climbed all afternoon. So THAT's where all the food I feed him goes...cause it certainly doesn't go to his waist!

And about food...he is the best little eater, I am impressed every time he eats something new. Last night he had orange and rosemary glazed chicken...I am absolutely sure I wouldn't have even tried one bite of that until maybe junior high. Maybe. And it was so good! He ate as much chicken as me. We also had garlic red potatoes...which I indulged in a little more than him :) tonight we are going to have a chicken dish that was mimi's recipe. When I was on bed rest I typed up my mom's recipe book for her and found a recipe card in mimi's handwriting so i kept it. I snuck a bite when I pulled it out of the oven Monday night and it was delicous! I'm so excited to see what William thinks :)

I am looking forward to our 4 day weekend coming up and hoping that Denver weather can get the rain out of the system before the weekend. I am so sick of not being able to play outside with william...and I can tell he is itching for some sunshine too because he tries to sneak out with Layla when she goes potty!

Here's to hoping for a beautiful memorial day weekend...and more pictures for next week :)


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment