May 31, 2011

I did my hair

Today was officially my first day at my new job. I would love to tell you where I work, but I learned in my new hire orientation today that I am not allowed to make mention of the company name in a personal blog or on facebook. Really. So, I guess it'll be a big secret where I work. I didn't see my desk and I only saw my coworkers when they met me in the cafeteria for lunch, so it wasn't a REAL day of work...but I was there so it counts right?

In my new-employee over zealous attempt to make a good impression I did my hair. Honestly, I don't know why I bothered. In all reality I actually 'do' my hair maybe once a week...and sometimes that's pushing it. So part of me thinks I was giving a false impression. On the days I don't 'do' my hair I simply towel dry it, run scrunching cream through it, stick it all in a rubber band on the top of my head like pebbles flinstone, and then remove the rubber band only when I have arrived at work. Just hope for the best! If it's a good curling day, i smile in approval as i glance at it in the truck windows. If it's a bad curling day, I know it will be in a ponytail by lunch time.

So why did I do my hair today? Do I honestly think that I will have more hair ambition with my new job? Sadly, I honestly do. I really did think through the process this morning, telling myself: if you just take a shower at night, blow dry it, then get up with the first alarm there's no reason why you can't straighten your hair everyday.

Yup, and there's also no reason why I am not a size 4 either. No reason.

Ah well, for today I did my hair. Thats what counts. Happy first day of employment to me:)


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment