Aug 26, 2011

San Diego

Hello from San Diego :) I'm laying in bed letting my hair air dry as Austin is taking his turn in the fitness center and William is fast asleep. I made a mental note to post on wednesday, then when it didn't happen I made a note to post Thursday. Oops.

We've been having a wonderful week, and like I said in my first post about R&R in 1,000 ways it still feels like Austin has never been gone. Sure, he has to ask where the swimmer diapers are, what william's eating schedule is, what all the apps on my phone are, and other questions which baffle me because they are second nature. But he still knows how to soothe William in a way no one else can. He still knows how to make me fall asleep in an instant with his back scratching skills. And our family still feels as cohesive as ever. I love that of all the things the army can take from us, it can't take that. That's ours.

We are settled in our San Diego home now. We got a Buick
Enclave as a rental car (Austin is still fighting strong for GM) and I enjoyed seeing our little piece of san Diego last night driving to dinner and the grocery store. I do have to admit the enclave drives the best of all the cars we drove.

Today I think we are going to check out the beach and the outlet mall. Could vacation be any better than that???



- manda

No comments:

Post a Comment