Aug 1, 2011

Strong Men

In the last few days I've gotten messages from two of the guys Austin is deployed with reminding me that no matter how hard the second goodbye is, it's just a short while before he's home for good.

These guys are away from their families and are living in a dessert. They eat crap for food and they would LOVE to have the weather which I'm complaining about. I should be the ones motivating them; I should be their cheering section.

I've felt that way during both of Austin's deployments as well as brian's. They cheered me on, though I wanted to be there for them. They encouraged me and reminded me how close we were to seeing each other again even though they probably needed to hear it more than I did. Our brave soldiers are the ones who deserve all the uplifting messages, but they spend their time dishing it out.

I'm amazed at how they are able
To manage it all and keep their positive attitudes, and I'm touched that with everything on their plates they still think of encouraging me. I've never been one to stop a stranger in uniform to thank them, but maybe I'll try in the future. Maybe you should try. They do more than we even know about, more than we can comprehend. And they never stop thinking of the people they are serving.

Thanks again -


- manda

No comments:

Post a Comment