Aug 17, 2011

William Wednesday in the wee hours

I'm laying here awake at 3:30 am so, why not blog? Seems logical. Plus I'm pretty sure once my day gets going I won't think of it :) why am I awake at 3:30? Partially because sleeping in the guest bedroom is WAY too exciting for Reagan (who likes to walk all over my terribly sore lat muscles) and...um, hello my husband comes home today!!!!! How could I sleep?

So, william's week it is!

Two weekends ago William FINALLY started calling me mommy. I think he knew all along who 'mommy' was and probably how to say it, but until we were in a house with 20 people he hadn't needed to use a word to grab my attention. So, he now has one more way to break my steel trap discipline and make me melt - he just has to say mommy. I love it! At Costco Sunday he said it and Brian said 'after 8 months of everyone being sure you knew dada you finally wanna say mommy?' I guess he too had realized he never heard it.

I continued to work with him on his fear of dirty hands, and I'd say he has overcome it. He played in his sandbox for HOURS on Saturday and then Sunday when I said 'William are you ready for bath?' he laid his face in the sand and said 'night night' If only you could have seen the struggle I had chasing him from corner to corner of a 4x4 box!












On Saturday Corinne watched him for a few hours while I got some shopping done and I got this text message:
We are good. I did NOT get him addicted to strawberry lemonade, buy him a new elmo shirt, batman car, sippy cup, or his new favorite snack. Nope I didn't do those things. Oops, i told on myself.
So it was no wonder that when I walked through the front door he had NO care that I was home. Clearly Corinne is much cooler than mommy...but, does he call her name? No. But he says mommy! I'll take that :)

On Sunday when Brian and i were getting ready for our $400 trip to Costco (we walked in with a list of 8 things...) I thought our attachment to Elmo shoes had finally worn off. William took his elmos off as fast as I put them on! Then he sat patiently while I put his tennis shoes on. But when he heard Brian recanting the story for yaya in the truck he must have realized he didn't have Elmo on and started pointing at his feet saying 'Elmo Elmo elmo' - I guess the shoes aren't done yet :)

Monday morning after my 20 minute search for my truck keys I found them trapped inside william's ball popper. According to my mom I'm just lucky it wasn't the toilet!!! Agh boys!!!






Not only are the keys in there but the opening at the top is lodged with a ball that doesn't fit, so I had a fun time maneuvering the ball out to get my keys. Never a dull moment here!

Other than that we've just been getting ready for daddy and getting ready for football. He is just about ready to suit up - and he has NO idea who is going to pick him up from school today!!!!





- manda

No comments:

Post a Comment