Aug 9, 2011

Wait, what day is it?

Yikes.

I went to bed last night at 10:30 after watching complete trash on tv. Bachelor pad 2, if you must know. Were there really girls in skimpy bikinis suspended in the air latched on to guys in harnesses on network television? Yea, there really were. Trash I tell you. But, I watched anyway and as I crawled in bed I thought of all the things I should have done instead. Oh well, there's always tomorrow I told myself.

Two hours later I woke up to William screaming bloody murder. I went in his room to see his face buried in his bed, butt straight up in the air and arms in push up position. I scratched his back which instantly calmed him down and he rolled onto his side. Never even opened his eyes.

Back to bed I went until 2:30 when the same scenario repeated. So at 4:00 when it happened a third time I told myself 'oh he can sleep with you, tomorrow is Saturday so we can just cuddle and sleep in.'

Except cuddling really means he can kick my ribs incessantly. And sleeping in really means the alarm will go off at 5:00 because it's not saturday. It's Tuesday.

I turned the 5:00 alarm off and woke up at 5:40 to the next alarm. Only problem: so did he.

I tried desperately to get him excited about bob the builder so I could take a quick shower but no, he reminded me he doesn't care for tv. He wanted in the water. So I took a shower with a toddler at my feet, trying to grab my razor out of my hand. Then I juggled getting him dressed, getting myself dressed and avoiding him throwing all my damp clothes over the railing. All while trying to find my phone which he misplaced and my sunglasses which I haven't seen since Friday.

Tuesday. It's only Tuesday?! That's good in the sense that I still have time to make up for the wasted 3 hours last night. Time to clean and prepare and so forth. But bad in the sense that I am exhausted and still have 4 work days to tackle before I can sleep alarm-free.

So, whats a girl to do? Well, she drinks a chai tea, brings an iced coffee from home for later, and grabs a red bull on the way in for whenever the rest of the caffeine surge wears off.

Tuesday...I despise you more than Monday.


- manda

No comments:

Post a Comment